What are some tips on preparing PEI Potatoes?
Prince Edward Island Potatoes are convenient and versatile. Before cooking, wash gently with a vegetable brush using cool water.
Potatoes contribute many nutrients to our diets. To keep the nutrient content high:
- Cook potatoes with skins on whenever possible.
- If peeling, use a vegetable parer or sharp knife and keep the peeling very thin since some of the nutrients are found close to the skin.
- Cook whole or in large pieces for the shortest time possible.
- Use low heat and a small amount of water.
- Save leftover cooking liquid for gravy, soups, stews or baked goods.
View More Facts